Having blemish-free, youthful skin is everyone’s dream. Never worrying if the bags under your eyes are too visible, or if you will get a pimple before your next big event - it seems too good to be true.
Although for many of us having flawless skin is the ultimate #goal, we tend to focus our efforts on purchasing the best makeup products and learning the newest application techniques rather than adopting better skincare and lifestyle remedies.
Here at Bohemian Skin we believe that everybody can achieve flawless skin. Below are our top tips to have you on your way to achieving a radiant, flawless complexion.
- Supercharge your skincare routine
Finding the right skincare routine that works for you can be a little bit of trial and error, however, we have some skincare routine top tips to help whip your skin into shape!
- Always remove your makeup thoroughly every night.
- Cleanse morning and night to rid the skin of dead skin cells, bacteria, residual makeup and other nasties that stand between you and flawless skin.
- After cleansing, use a toner - people commonly leave toner out of their skincare routine, but it is key to achieving a flawless complexion as it removes the stubborn nasties that remain on your skin after cleansing, and prepares the skin for ultimate product absorption.
- Exfoliate 2-3 times a week to remove stubborn dead skin cells from the surface of your skin that are prone to clogging your pores and causing breakouts. Exfoliating brightens your complexion, removing the appearance of dry or dull skin to make room for new glowy skin cells.
- Add a serum into your daily routine – like our Rejuvenating HY C Serum, which is a skin-loving powerhouse! The serum is packed full of antioxidants including Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C & E, Celery Extract, Sea Buckthorn Oil and Olive Leaf Extract that all work together to encourage cell renewal, increase collagen production, hydrate and fight free radical damage all while reducing pigmentation and evening out skin tone.
- Beauty sleep
Sleep isn’t just beneficial for your health and wellness in general but getting those all-important zzz’s is key in achieving a healthy and radiant complexion! This means trying to have at least seven hours of uninterrupted deep sleep every single night. Obviously, this can be hard to achieve if you have a busy work schedule or a little one waking you up every few hours, but try your best to prioritise a good night’s sleep where you can.
- Stay out of the sun!
Fun in the sun can boost moods everywhere but it is important we consider the risk UV rays have on our skin before we soak up some sunshine! When your skin is exposed to harmful UV rays without protection, the skin cells can be damaged causing dryness, dullness and skin pigmentation. Also, one of the most common causes of premature ageing of the face is caused by ultraviolet exposure… eek!
It is hard to avoid the sun completely, but by including SPF as a step in our everyday skincare routine, applied after your usual moisturiser and under your makeup, you have easily made a step towards more flawless skin.
Maintaining the moisture levels in your skin is super important in a bid to achieving flawless skin. Water aids the body in flushing out toxins and increasing blood flow to the skin which helps promote a clear and even complexion.
Staying hydrated is one thing, but the other piece to the hydration puzzle is topical moisture. Seek out skincare products that contain Hyaluronic Acid. Hyaluronic Acid is a powerful moisture binding ingredient that hydrates the skin, reducing the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles by creating a plumping effect.
- Fuel your body correctly
Have you ever heard the saying ‘you are what you eat’? Well, your skin could not agree more. Your diet (or lack thereof) can severely impact the health and appearance of your skin. Everything from dark under eye circles, fine lines, acne, and skin texture can all stem from an imbalanced diet.
While many factors can attribute to the health of your skin, nourishing your skin with healthy foods full of nutrients can help you achieve flawless skin! Keep your eyes peeled for foods that are high in these compounds as they are superfoods when it comes to skin health:
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Omega-6 fatty acids
- Vitamin E
- Exercise regularly
Exercising increases your blood flow which helps flush waste products out of your body that could lead to skin irritations and breakouts. Exercise also provides your skin with oxygen nourishing your skin cells keeping them plump and youthful. So, get your best tights on and blast those pump-up tunes, we will be cheering you on!