We’ve all got our favourite face-creams and skincare treatments, but everyone knows that the secret to glowing skin starts from within. Our skin is ever-changing with older cells continually being replaced by younger ones and our skin reacting to environmental elements. At all stages of life and at all stages of your skin’s lifecycle, eating the right foods ensures that your skin is receiving the nutrient it needs to be healthy and radiant.
We know that the nutrient list for a healthy diet is endless, and that scrolling through pages and pages of ‘how to get glowy skin’ recommendations can get tiresome… so we are here to help you with both! Here are some quick and easy healthy snack recipes that will satisfy your hunger and also help your skin GLOW!
- Skin Glow Balls
Don’t be fooled by the size of these tiny, delicious, gluten-free and dairy-free snack-balls. They’re packed with vitamins, nutrients, enzymes, minerals and antioxidants that will give your skin a radiant glow.
Making them is simple! Just blend up the listed ingredients, roll the mixture up into small balls, and leave them covered in your refrigerator for four + hours to set.
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons cacao
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons stevia or raw honey
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water, added slowly until the mixture is smooth and sticky, but not wet
- Beauty Bars
These seed-based, gluten-free bars are a perfect snack suited for any time of the day. Our recipe skips the sugar commonly packed into the granola bars you get at the supermarket and is jam packed with antioxidants that lead to healthy, fabulous skin.
Ingredients for 12 5x5cm bars:
- 1 cup walnut halves and pieces
- 1½ cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup flaxseeds
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup roasted sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup hempseeds
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt, such as Maldon
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Place the walnuts, 1 cup of the oats (leave the remaining ½ cup to the side), and the coconut flakes in the bowl of a food processor. Process for 30 seconds, or until finely ground.
- Remove into a bowl and stir in the remaining ½ cup oats and all remaining ingredients. Use your hands or a spatula to mix everything together.
- Line a 20×20cm baking pan with baking paper and grease with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Transfer the mixture into the pan and use your fingers or a spatula to press it down evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the edges are golden; let cool completely before cutting into 12 bars.
Next time you find yourself putting your grocery list together, make sure to up your skincare game by including these skin-loving ingredients so you can make these quick, easy and delicious snacks.