We’ve all heard the nutritional prowess of a morning smoothie, but have you considered the benefits of this power packed breakfast choice for your skin? Not forgetting the bonus of the ability to enjoy brekkie on the run, or a pre-prepared morning snack.
A supercharged smoothie is the ultimate choice to kick start your day with all the right vitamins and minerals needed to positively impact the health and appearance of your skin! While you can put almost anything into a smoothie, the key to healthy glowing skin is striking the right balance of ingredients.
To ease the burden of researching and curating your ultimate breakfast smoothie, we have done all the hard work for you! Be sure to pop the following ingredients on the list for your next shop… and remember, fresh is best!
The Ultimate Morning Smoothie:
Banana – 1
Orange – 1
Plain Coconut Water – ½ cup
Spinach – 2 cups
Sunflower Butter – 1tbsp
Avocado – ½
Cucumber ½ cup
- Lemon – 1 squeeze (if you like the tang to get you going in the morning!)
We know there are some ingredients not everyone will love, so below you will find a list of a few alternatives to the key ingredients, which can easily be swapped out:
Spinach for Kale
Sunflower Butter for Flaxseed Oil
Coconut Water for Almond Milk
- Banana for Pear
But why these ingredients? The ultimate balance is hard to come by, but we swear by this combination in the Bohemian office.
- Banana – a classic morning smoothie fave but how are does it help your skin health? Well, bananas are packed full of B6 and vitamin C. B6 aids the body in producing serotonin (the happy hormone) which in turn helps to regulate mood and sleep. Both stress and fatigue can lead to inflammation, cell regeneration and skin dryness. And vitamin C aids in collagen production helping you achieve a youthful plump complexion
- Cucumber – we’ve heard it before and we will hear it again, cucumber is a hydration hero!
- Spinach – the ultimate power food which plays host to Vitamin K and Zinc! Vitamin K helps to reduce redness and inflammation and zinc regulates cell production and turnover and can help reduce the amount of natural oil your skin produces leading to less clogged pores and iron
- Sunflower Butter – not an ingredient we see on many lists, but trust us, the sunflower seed is absolutely packed with essential minerals such as copper, manganese, zinc, calcium, iron and selenium as well as an abundance of antioxidant properties
- Avocado – if we are swapping avo on toast for the ultimate morning smoothie, we can’t make this old favorite redundant! An avo a day will keep the doctor away (that’s what we tell ourselves anyway) but it will definitely support the overall health of your skin, through the abundance of healthy fats and Vitamin E helping your skin fights free radical damage and inflammation
- Orange – or is it an orange a day will keep the doctor away? Anyway, oranges as we know are a vitamin C powerhouse which will increase collagen production and help fight signs of ageing like fine lines and wrinkles
- Coconut water – a tropical flare to make your tastebuds think they are on holidays… but really, coconut water packs a punch when it comes to antioxidants that help the body remove toxins and also helps to manage excess oil production that commonly lead to breakouts. Also, coconut water is a hydration hero benefiting your skin and your whole body!
Next time you are putting your shopping list together, be sure to include the essential ingredients for your ultimate morning smoothie for healthy, glowing skin