Environmentally Friendly Skincare Products
Every day, more and more people are trying to make sure that the products we buy and use are environmentally friendly.
We all want to do what we can to avoid polluting our beautiful Earth. But it's sometimes hard to know what you're buying and who you are supporting in the process. Does the manufacturer of Product X adhere to sustainable business practices? Where do they buy their ingredients from? And do the manufacturers of those ingredients follow sustainable business practices? It can be quite mind-bending to think about all of the issues and, quite frankly, sometimes it's easy to just throw your hands up in the air and give up!
However, there is one fairly simple way to tell if the product you are buying is environmentally friendly - it should have the Bud logo on it!
If a product has the Bud logo - officially the "Australian Certified Organic" logo - it means it, and the manufacturer behind it, complies with the Australian Certified Organic Standard, one of the strictest standards in Australia.
Bohemian Skin is proud to be ACO certified. It takes a lot of effort and expense, but we believe it's worth it.
What's in our products?
- Hempseed Oil: made by pressing the seeds from hemp (but not the variety that gets you high). Contains essential fatty acids, like linoleic acid, omega-6, alpha-linolenic acid, and omega-3. It helps skin balance sebum (oil) production without clogging pores (comedogenic rating of 0) which means fewer imperfections and hydrates without shine.
- Witch Hazel: a flowering plant that reduces inflammation and tightens pores to give a youthful, clear appearance.
- Lactic Acid: occurs naturally in fermented milk products, and inside our muscles. Used in skincare and cosmetic products to adjust acidity and to reduce breakouts and the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of ageing.
There are many reasons why people choose to buy environmentally friendly skincare products, but here are the two we think are most important.
1. They are better for your health! Do you really want to be slathering an unknown number of unpronounceable chemicals of dubious origin on your skin? We want to breathe clean air, eat clean food, drink clean water and put clean products on our skin.
2. Feel better about yourself! When you buy products that are bad for the environment, have been tested on animals, and exploited third world people, isn't there sometimes a little voice inside your head that says "you're a bad person"? But when you make the extra effort to buy ethical products, you will sleep better at night - and a good night of sleep, in turn, makes you look more rested and beautiful! It's a win all around!
Try Our Environmentally Friendly Skincare Products Today!
We honestly believe we have one of the best Australian organic skincare brands and so do our customers, but you should decide for yourself!
When you decide to try our products, make sure you sign up to our email list and get a 15% discount coupon for your first order! You’ll be another convert!