The Best Organic Skin Care In Australia
Over the last few years there have been a huge number of products turning up in supermarkets and health food stores claiming to be “natural”, “100% natural”, “organic” or “naturally derived”.
What do these mean and how do you know which products are going to be best for your health and for the environment? Lots of companies have jumped on the organic bandwagon but are adding dubious ingredients to their products in an effort to reduce manufacturing costs and maximise their profits. Unfortunately, the labeling laws in our country are a little behind the times and products can use the natural or organic labels even if they only contain tiny amounts of natural ingredients.
Finding the best organic skin care in Australia.
Companies like Bohemian Skin go to a lot of effort to make sure we only include the best possible ingredients and we thought it might help to share some of the things we’ve learned over the years.
- Is it 100% natural? The best way to make sure all of the ingredients (not just some) of the product are natural is to look at the ingredients list. Are there lots of numbers and letters in the ingredients list that you do not understand? If so, the products are not 100% natural. Another way to check is seeing if the product and/or manufacturer is “Australian Certified Organic”. Businesses using the Australian Certified Organic logo are annually and randomly audited, as are products wearing the logo. The Bud logo is the most recognised organic certification mark amongst Australian consumers. This ensures the products you are using are 100% natural.
- Are the ingredients low on the comedogenic scale? The comedogenic scale refers to how likely a product will clog your pores. There’s no point having an organic skin care product if it clogs your pores! For example, ingredients such as Cocoa Butter, Coconut Butter and Coconut Oil are very high on the scale (that’s bad) and hemp seed oil, the basis of our products, has the lowest possible score of zero (which is good!).
- Does it make your skin feel amazing? Organic products that leave your skin feeling heavy and lifeless aren’t worth buying. Look for products that have lots of positive customer testimonials. Organic products should make you look and feel amazing every day.
- Is it ethical and cruelty free? If you care about your health you probably also care about the ethical treatment of all other animals, like we do. That’s why we make sure 100% of our ingredients are ethically sourced and cruelty free. That’s also part of the ACO accreditation.
- Is it reasonably priced? Using organic and ethical ingredients comes at a cost. They are more expensive than industrial chemicals that go into mainstream skin care products. However, it doesn’t mean you should be paying crazy money for your products, either. Some brands will try to take advantage of customers who want to do the right thing, but putting huge margins on their products. We try to price our products at a point where they are accessible for everyone, because our mission is to allow all Australian women to have beautiful skin that feels amazing while also being healthy and ethical!
We honestly believe we have the best organic skin care in Australia and so do our customers, but you have to decide for yourself! Sign up today for a $10 off discount coupon and we believe you’ll be another convert!